Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Teen Mom Season 2 Continues Tonight; Last Week’s Recap.

I’m not ashamed to say that I’m extremely excited for the new season of MTV’s Teen Mom, or even that I cancelled my plans tonight so I could stay in and watch the new episode since I don’t have DVR….and will continue to do so.

In last week’s episode, Catelynn lies to Tyler (twice), he forgives her, and they remain engaged–solidifying the fact that he’s the best teenage boyfriend ever and she still has some growing up to do.

Gary develops a crush on a girl he met in the baby aisle at Walmart, takes a day to mull over life decisions, and ultimately decides that Amber, and a happy family for the sake of their daughter Leah, are what he wants.

Farrah and Sophia get their own apartment, since the court has ordered that Farrah’s mom cannot be alone with Sophia without another adult present.

Maci is now receiving child support from her ex-fiance Ryan for their son Bentley, but still works part-time (while going to school) so that she can provide the best for him. I hate to state the obvious, but she is awesome, and “Beeeennntleeeeeyyyy” is the cutest child alive.

Season 2, Ep. 3 is tonight, and it’s sure to have you on the edge of your seat! It’s Valentine’s Day, and Maci notices Ryan’s new lady friend in the car when he drops Bentley off. Maci, in the episode preview:

“It’s kinda weird, like, she’s chillin’ with my child….if she’s got the balls to come to my house she can have a little bit of a brain to introduce herself to me.”

I agree, Maci, but that’s Ryan’s responsibility, too. Be a man, dude.

So what does the rest of Season 2 hold? Will Amber and Gary tie the knot to complete the dream? Will Catelynn and Tyler finally come to terms with the adoption of their daughter Carly? Will Farrah grow up and sort things out with her abusive mother? Will Maci continue to be an inspiration to teen moms everywhere? I don’t know about you, but I’m bursting with anticipation. Stay tuned!

Check out the new episode of Teen Mom when it airs tonight at 10/9 Central.